RSS

Shahi Toast/Tukde (Bread Pudding)

Today is my dad’s Birth day. In view of the fact that I am far away from him, I have planned to celebrate it in my way. He is long-suffering from diabetic consequently he can not have anything sugary. However there is a practice maintain by my family (that I also follow at my home) that in any major occasion a dessert is a mandatory part of the menu. No matter that person is there with you or not, we cook rather different and enjoy the event with great ardor. Just to bring a change in our life we go out to a sushi restaurant or do something unusual. Today I am going to make Shahi Toast (Shahi tukde) and I am certain that my hubby would become fond of it.

Ingredients:


4 bread slices
5 tbsp sugar
50 gm condensed milk
50 gm khoya ( Optional)
1 cup milk
½ tsp cardamom powder
Few threads of saffron
½ tsp Rose water
1 tbsp Ghee to fry

For Garnishing

Almond and Pistachio

Direction:
  • Take away the crust of bread slices and slice diagonally.
  • Heat oil/ghee in a deep pan and fry the slices until golden brown. Keep aside on a tissue paper to eradicate excess oil.
  • In the mean time boil milk and add sugar to it.
  • Boil to get a thick consistency and add condensed milk, cardamom powder, khoya, a few drops of rose water and saffron strand to it.
  • Boil on low flame to a very thick consistency. Once it is done, refrigerate it.
  • To serve, arrange two fried bread slices on plate, and pour 2 tbsp refrigerated mixture on top. Sprinkle nuts and silver leaves.

0 comments:

Post a Comment